Boss Battle No.1 (for RPG) Boss Battle No.1 (for RPG)

It's a rule of thumb that when an artist is not happy with how their work turned out, the audience will notice. Same goes for when the artist is convinced of their work. And I can hear why you're so confident here. The combination of the drums and strings really does it for me. As for that "Paper Mario style"... might just be me but I can't imagine this in a Paper Mario game. I'd more put this in a horror-type RPG, similar to the Shadow Hearts series (although it would need a few tweaks to perfectly fit in there). The only thing that irks me is that weird and kinda forced sounding ending you put on that song. A fade-out would've been better there, in my opinion. But that's all I have to criticize about it. Now, if you excuse me... *goes battling to your theme*

MiguelVolkov responds:

Thank you so much for being the first review... Well, I'm a Nintendo's music fan, and when I got this finished, somehow reminded me some wierd bosses from Paper Mario... There is one in Thousand-Year-Door, whos name I can't remember right now. But I like your comment... A horror RPG sounds really cool.
I need to get more in love with that "fade out" thing... I have never been a "fade out" fan... Actually, I hate music that ends in a fade out, but, thinking about it carefully, as it is some kind of loop, maybe a fade out cool fit on it.
I will take your review on mind, and I will be uploading more from my crop this year.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it.

WoS - Title Theme WoS - Title Theme

I think I'm starting to fall in love with your composing style. This song really makes me think of the main themes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and not just because of the chip sounds.
Again, it is amazing what you are able to capture in such rather simplistic songs. The only thing I could criticize is that the transition from intro to melody isn't quite flawless. Must be those (square?) synths in the bass line getting a tad too loud. But everything else is amazing. :)

Speculant responds:

Thanks a ton for your feedback dude! I can't explain how much it helps. There are two more tracks left on this album so stay tuned! :D

WoS - Battle WoS - Battle

That classic Final Fantasy battle theme intro, yo... XD
I am a huge fan of battle themes - have composed quite a few of them myself - and I have to say this one of the best original battle themes I have come by so far. It's amazing how you managed to capture the spirit of a battle theme in this rather simplistic type of song. Especially the parts in between the main melody sections (e.g. 0:28-0:35) and the blips in the background made it for me. :)

Speculant responds:

Thanks man! That means a lot to me :) I was trying to go for the oldschool, Final Fantasy vibe.